Assisting climate change in urban systems accross borders (ADAPT)
The ADAPT project, co-funded by the Interreg Italy-France Maritime Program 2014-2020, aims to adapt the Italian and French cities of the Upper Tyrrhenian to the consequences of climate change, with particular reference to the urban flash floods caused by intense meteorological phenomena.
The ADAPT project, co-funded by the Interreg Italy-France Maritime Program 2014-2020, has the main goal of making the Italian and French cities of the High Tyrrhenian region able to adapt to the consequences of climate change, with particularly reference to the urban floods caused by intense meteorological events.
The project will promote the adaptation to climate change and risk prevention and management through:
- the transfer of knowledge and skills;
- the identification of climate profiles and local plans;
- the implementation of a joint adaptation plan;
- the realization of 14 local experiments.
- Improvement of knowledge and skills of the administrations involved;
- Improved adaptation to climate change in the territories involved;
- Characterization of the climatic profiles;
- Joint planning strategies for adaptation to climate change;
- Activities of adaptation / mitigation of local climate impacts.
- Empowerement activities;
- Climate profiles and local plans;
- Joint plan for adaptation.
ADAPT will create the conditions for a joint strategy for the management and planning of climate change adaptation activities. The project will sensitize citizens, technical representatives and politicians on the theme of adaptation to climate change, with particular reference to urban floods from meteoric waters.